Looking to use your leftover Christmas pudding or cake? Miele’s Celebration Cheesecake is a quick simple recipe that makes sure no piece of desert is left behind.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 1 hour
- 500g fruit cake or Christmas pudding, cut into 1cm slices
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 300g sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ¼ cup brandy
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- Assorted summer fruits to decorate (cherries, berries, etc.)
- Grease a 26cm springform tin and line base with baking paper. Cover base of tin with cake slices, pressing down slightly to fit.
- Place all filling ingredients into food processor. Blitz until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into tin, smoothing the top. Cover with baking paper and foil and Steam at 100° for 1 hour.
- Cool slightly, refrigerate cheesecake for 3 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with assorted fruits and serve.
December 21, 2016