Your cravings for comforting hot drinks will only increase as the air gets cooler and the days get shorter. Mix up your hot drink rotation and bench the coffee, hot chocolate and tea and opt for a new player turmeric lattes instead. The Cardamon Pod can whip you up a mean brew or read on to find out how to make your own.
Turmeric is one easy superfood to add to your diet to stay healthy during these winter months. You can say hallelujah for the stuff because it’s simply an immune boosting saviour and The Source Bulk Foods has the goooods. The organic turmeric comes highly recommended but they have a conventional version if that takes your fancy.
But back to the turmeric…According to Holly, the self confessed health nerd and blogger behind Paradise Pantry we could all do with some more turmeric in our lives. It contains amazing compounds, including the very beneficial curcumin. Curcumin has been proven to be strongly anti inflammatory, and since inflammation is linked to many chronic diseases we should be including this compound in our diet more regularly! Lucky for us Holly has crafted an amazing turmeric brew that tastes just as good as it’s good for our bodies.
- 1 tsp of Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Ginger powder
- Dash of vanilla paste
- Pinch of Black pepper
- 1/4 cup of near boiled water
- 1 cup of Almond / coconut / cashew / rice milk
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of Honey / Maple syrup
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Mix together the turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, pepper and vanilla into your favourite mug.
- Warm up the milk on the stove.
- Pour hot water over the turmeric mix and stir until everything is combined and you have a paste.
- Add the milk and stir in the honey.
- If you have the option froth up your drink.
- Sprinkle over with some nutmeg, sip away and become addicted like Holly is.
June 8, 2016